TRUST IN GOD ALONE
Cursed is the man who:
- Turns away from God-do own things than what the word of God commands- The bible says in Galatians 5:19-21 about acts of the flesh which are:
- Sexual immorality, impurity, and debauchery-includes-(bodily pleasure like drugs, alcohol, sex), idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, discord-(spreading rumors or gossip) , jealousy, fits of rage-(Anger that cannot be controlled), selfish ambition, dissensions-(arguments, disagreements, quarrels), factions, envy, drunkenness, orgies-(activities that includes sexual activities and drinking), and other activities like those.
- Who draws strength from flesh instead of God-e.g. popularity, money, education, job titles etc.
Blessed is the man who trusts in the lord because he/she is:
Like a tree planted by the waterside. It is ever green. If we trust in the lord we shall have joy, peace, victory, and everything we need in life.
- We shall not fear when challenges come in our lives.
- We shall not worry in the year of drought
- We shall never fails to bear fruits for Christ
The heart is deceitful above all things:
- It make us think we can succeed by own strength
- It make us think we can do without God
- It make us thing what we have is enough for us than God
God searches the heart and examines the mind –He sees our motives and plans
God rewards each person according to their deeds
In whatever we do, we shall be rewarded. Therefore, we need to do it well and for God’s glory.
May God help us to trust in Him and to obey His commandments and not to lean on our own understanding or things we have in this life.
God bless you for reading!