Reading Matthew 13: 1-9, 18-23
For people to understand, Jesus used parables when he talked to the people. In Matthew chapter 13, Jesus talked about the parable of the sower who went to sow seeds in the farm and the seeds fell in different places. In this parable, Jesus mentioned four types of people that hear the word of God but receive it differently:
- People who hear the word of God but the devil comes and steals it from their hearts
- People who hear the word of God and receive it with joy, but when trouble comes, they fall away
- People who hear the word of God but the pleasures of this world destroys it and they don’t bear fruits
- People who hear the word of God, obey it, and bear fruits for the Lord
As Christians, we need to ask ourselves, which category do we belong to? Are we like those seeds that fell on the roadside or on the rocks, where things of this world destroy it or are we like those seeds that fell on good soil? The word of God is encouraging us to be readers and doers of the word of God.
- As Christians, we need to study the word of God and obey it
- We need to bear fruits by telling others about Christ
- We need to dwell in prayer so the devil will not steal what God has put in our hearts
- We have to stand in faith even when temptations come
May God help us to study and obey His word.
God bless you as you continue to seek Him.